Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dating

I remember several months ago Aaron casually asked me if I thought Claire was gay? What? Are you serious? But mom she doesn't date anyone. She doesn't date anyone because she is picky, and not interested. That does not mean she is gay.

Several weeks ago:
Me: Claire, have you met any cute guys in your class or at the hospital?
Claire: Yea, a really cute resident.
Me: Did you meet him?
Claire: No, I went down a different hallway to avoid him.

Last night:
Aaron: Sorry I didn't call you last night.
Me: What were you doing?
Aaron: Hanging out at Smith.
Me: What is Smith?
Aaron: The girls dorm.
Me: Any cute girls?
Aaron: Yea, I was hanging out with Ashley.
Me: Is Ashley cute?
Aaron: Yea, she is cute.

I could tell he was getting ready to put up a wall, so I changed the subject...

I don't mind that my kids have not rushed into dating or that they are not in a heavy relationship. And I admit, it is fun to watch them enter this world...

I just miss them...

No comments:

Post a Comment