Monday, September 28, 2009

The Kids Called...

The best part of any evening is when either Claire or Aaron calls home! I love that. Roger and I just smile, we are so proud of each of them...but right now especially Claire and Aaron. They are negotiating life so well, struggling so hard, and trust God. What more could Roger and I ask for?

Aaron was first to call home last night. Funny, because I was packing up the last bit of his care package to send to him. I baked all afternoon. I packed, 3 drag suits that I just finished making, cookies, brownies, popcorn, hot cocoa mix, mac and cheese, and then suckers.

He is doing well. Friday night the swim team had a camping "Welcome to the Team Party". Aaron said that this year, being an upperclassman made it much more fun! He didn't have too much fun last year...hummm.

He also shared that he hates the RA job, but loves having his own room, and gets a free room, so it is hard to beat that deal. He also text ed that the swim coach is thinking about having him be the team captain either his Junior year or his Senior year. He was thrilled.

Claire called next. She had just gotten home from a Christian Challenge retreat in Salina. She had a great time. This included all of the CC chapters at all the Kansas schools. So she ran into Luke Jost, and hung out with him. One of the girls in her group accepted Christ, so Claire was excited about that. She loves living on her own! Next weekend she goes to Oklahoma to visit a friend. Her van cannot make that big of a trip, so another friend is driving.

AJ of course is home and still plugging away. His schedule is beginning to heat up, so he is going to be very busy...he wants to add swimming also. He really wants to make it to state this year and swim an individual event. It could happen this year, the KAHSA is splitting up the schools according to size. So he could have a chance.

Roger and I are fine...Roger is very sick! Yuk!

GB

No comments:

Post a Comment