Thursday, February 17, 2011

Closing a chapter


This is Henderson State's 2010-2011 College Swim Team. Aaron is in the back row. On the left of him is a really bond swimmer. And one of the white large pillers is right behind Aaron.





Newton High School Boys Swim Team, 2010-2011. Andrew is in the back row, first swimmer on the right.



This is Andrew swimming at the NHS pool during a meet. He was swimming the 500 Free (that is 18 laps in the pool--I think). This picture was published in the Newton paper.



Roger and I leave tomorrow for what chould be the last swim meet of our lives--at least the last one that a Jost in High School swims in. Amazing how many hundreds and hundreds of hours we spent at those meets. Wierd to think it is coming to a close.


Our family became involved in swimming through one of Claire's friends. She invited Claire to come along to a swim practice, Claire did and she was hooked! That was 15 years ago--really?
Fourteen years ago, Aaron told me, "Okay mom I am bored at these things, put me in swimming, but I want to wear a speedo!" Aaron was 6 years old and is still swimming in college. He hopes to be a PE teacher and swim coach some day.
When Andrew was 5, he told, "I want to swim too. But I want long pants." (jammer style--not a speedo).


Roger and I dutifully drove to these meets at all hours of the morning, armed with water, water bottles, energy drinks, cooler of snacks and lunch/dinner, chair, books to read, knitting to knit, and TONS of patience.


And you know...we loved every minute of it. It is amazing to watch your child participate in a sport that they love--especially a sport that they will participate in--one way or another--for the rest of their lives. We are blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment